Established in 2010, its objective is to provide European practitioners with a platform for sharing information and developing and improving their skills and competences. This website is the virtual home of the Association and therefore a meeting point for all members.
The tasks of the EAPHM are to:
- Increase the dialogue between practitioners across Europe.
- Develop professional standards for post-graduates and practitioners.
- Create dialogue with the European political world in association with FVE.
- Promote high standards of animal welfare and proper use of medicines in pig production.
- Link science and theory with veterinary practice through liaison with the European College for Porcine Health Management (ECPHM).
- Organise the annual European Symposium on Porcine Health Management (ESPHM) jointly with the ECPHM.